Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Golden Warrior Nominee- Ruby Mendoza!

Ruby Mendoza




Matriculated from: Oak Grove Middle School


Future Path Plans: 4 year University, then grad school

Favorite Subject: I like History, because you realize how many battles, challenges, and sacrifices alot of people have made to create today's society. 

Most Challenging Class this Year: English



Career Goals: "I want to graduate from college, have a stable job, and assist my parents with their expenses." 


Something she has always wanted: A guinea pig

What she likes most about being a Warrior: Being a part of a program and I like that we are a close community.  

Favorite Weekend Activity: Going out with my sisters to the mall or to specific events for their work.

Favorite Place to Eat: Best Burger or Panda Express



Favorite Place to Vacation: Mexico



One skill she could teach anyone: How to look at things from a different perspective

If she could do high school all over again, the one thing she would change would be... I would ask questions in subjects I struggled in, so I wouldn't have gotten a low grade. 

Best tip for success to Underclassmen: Don't leave everything to the last minute- you will regret it - and Freshman year DOES count! 

Inspirational Figures in her Life: My mother, because each day she gets up and doesn't let anyone or anything bring her family or herself down. 

Her Top 5 Contributions to the School and Community: 

  • Link Crew Leader
  • Volunteered at the White Pony Express
  • Volunteer at East Bay Animal Rescue
  • Volunteer with the After School Program
  • Volunteer and work with the Junior Giants Association
What she feels makes a great leader: "A great leader is someone who takes risks for others knowing that at the end it might not be what they expected and they are happy with it."    

An example of a great leader: Ms. Yu embodies these qualities of a great leader. 

Something that YVHS does really well: YV Teachers and staff work closely with and support students. We also have a tremendous spirit to prove others wrong.   




Two ideas to improve things here at YVHS: One idea would be that staff should link up with students to do proactive movements so we can all see a glimpse of what life truly is. Another idea is to start a student government with staff to improve on disciplinary consequences. 


Something she would like to improve about herself: I want to improve on my eating habits. 

One Staff Member she will never forget: Mr. Arroyo- for helping and encouraging me to apply to a 4 year University. I am happy that he's my counselor because I am grateful for everything he has done for me these past two years. 

Quote of the Moment: "Prefiero ser pobre haciendo algo que amo que ser rico haciendo algo que no me gusta." ~Yoandri Cabrera ("I would prefer to be poor doing something that I love than to be rich doing something that I hate." 

No comments:

Post a Comment