Monday, February 5, 2018

Golden Warrior Nominee- Kalina Campos

Kalina Campos




Matriculated from: St Francis of Assisi




Favorite Subject: History because I am fascinated by what happened before me. I also think learning from the past is important so that we do not make the mistakes made in the past, and can move forward as a society. 

Most Challenging Class this Year: Pre-Calc Honors

Future Path Plans: Attend a 4 year university- not sure which one yet!

Favorite place to vacation: My house :) 

What she likes most about being a Warrior: The opportunity I get to meet and interact with so many different kinds of people whether it is in the classroom, clubs or sports. I also love the family atmosphere that comes with being a Warrior. 

In five years she hopes to: In five years I hope to be getting my masters in nursing which will then lead me to becoming a Nurse Practitioner eventually. 

Favorite Weekend Activity: Sleep - I don't get a lot of it during the week


Favorite place to eat: In N Out

Inspirational Figure: Mother Teresa - she dedicated her life to helping those in need. She really made a difference to the people she met. She's my inspiration because all I want to do in my life is help people and make a positive impact in people's lives. 

Best tip for success to Underclassmen: Get involved! Get the most out of your high school experience by trying new things and having new experiences. 


Her Top Contributions to the School and Community: 

  • President of HOSA
  • CO-President of Interact
  • Being on track for participating in 12 Varsity athletic seasons
  • More than 130 hours of community service since 9th grade
  • Making a difference in the lives of freshman by being a link crew leader since sophomore year

One Staff Member she will never forget: Ms Lamb - she is such an amazing teacher and I have been able to learn so much from her both in and outside the classroom. She is my go-to adult whenever I need advice and she has been there to support me when I needed it most. She has made a lasting impact in my life and I am truly grateful for her. 

What she feels makes a great leader: A leader should be able to lead by example, have respect of others as well as respect others, be able to take charge, have good communication skills, and work well with people. 

Someone who embodies these qualities: Mrs. Huie 

Something that YVHS does really well: Creating a diverse setting yet still have a family feel. YV also does a good job providing support to those who need it whether academically or socially. 

Something YV could do even better: I think that if more people got involved, the school community would thrive even more. 

One thing she wants to improve for herself: Not overfilling my plate- I love being involved and a part of everything but at times I do too much. I want to work on balancing and having just enough on my plate. 

Something she has always wanted: The thing I have always wanted is not an object but an idea or feeling. I have always wanted to make an impact or difference in the lives of those around me. 







One skill she could teach anyone: How to make an amazing ice cream sundae



If she could do high school all over again, the one thing she would change would be... I would join band or drama or something musical/artsy. I have never really been into that stuff but it seems like high school would have been the perfect place to try it out.






Quote of the Moment: "People will forget what you said or did, but they will never forget the way you made them feel." ~Maya Angelou 

No comments:

Post a Comment