Monday, May 1, 2017

Golden Warrior Nominee- John Delizo!

John Delizo




Matriculated from: Oak Grove Middle School


Future Path Plans: Attend a 4 year University 

Favorite Subject: ROP Sports Medicine because it provides assistance to our athletes and it's an awesome experience in and out of the classroom. 

Most Challenging Class this Year: AP Statistics




Something he has always wanted: To visit my friends and family in the Philippines that I haven't seen since I was 9.  

What he likes most about being a Warrior: Creating strong relationships with everyone by taking advantage of opportunities offered like academies, sports, clubs, etc.   

Favorite Weekend Activity: Work at Noah's bagels

Favorite Place to Eat: Ozora Ramen



Favorite Place to Vacation: Philippines



One skill he could teach anyone: I can teach anyone how not to procrastinate and how to manage their time

If he could do high school all over again, the one thing he would change would be... I would try out for every sport or club that I was interested in during my freshman year. 

Best tip for success to Underclassmen: try things out and be open to opportunities

Inspirational Figures in his Life: My mom because she had to sacrifice not being with me to provide a better life for me. 

His Top 5 Contributions to the School and Community: 
  • Built a memorial tree
  • Painted our school benches and counter
  • Serve as a volunteer at John Muir Medical Center
  • Sports Medicine Intern with over 100 hours serving our athletes
  • President of our HOSA chapter
What he feels makes a great leader: I think the qualities of a great leader are communication, confidence, empathy and passion.  

An example of a great leader: Captain America embodies all of these qualities

Something that YVHS does really well: Building strong relationships between staff and students, using tools like the Breaking Down the Walls assembly. Another thing is making YV an enjoyable, clean and safe environment for everyone.  




Two ideas to improve things here at YVHS: Create a fun weekly dance-off in the quad every Friday and rallies that consist of students and teachers in the same skit or dance. 


Something he would like to improve about himself: Organization

One Staff Member he will never forget: Ms Carr, because she greatly impacted my high school experience by accepting me into the Health Academy

Quote of the Moment: "Nothing will work unless you do." ~John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment