Saturday, November 25, 2017

Golden Warrior Nominee- Katie Rios

Katie Rios




Matriculated from: Pleasant Hill Middle School


Future Path Plans: Go to a 4 year and major in nursing

Favorite Subject: English because I enjoy reading interesting books and expanding my vocabular

Most Challenging Class this Year: Pre-Calc Honors


Something she has always wanted: To travel

What she likes most about being a Warrior: "I love the community and I am glad to have met a lot of amazing people"

Favorite Weekend Activity: Relaxing

In five years she hopes to: I hope to be studying to become an OB nurse

One thing she wants to improve for herself: "I would like to end my habit of procrastinating." 

One skill she could teach anyone: I could teach anyone to tie dye.

Favorite place to eat: In Mexico in my grandma's kitchen.

If she could do high school all over again, the one thing she would change would be... I would have been more involved on campus.

Best tip for success to Underclassmen: Take advantage of every opportunity, make investments for your future, and always keep an open mind. 


Her Top Contributions to the School and Community: 
  • Upward Bound Student
  • Health Academy, HOSA and Student Athletic Trainer
  • Lacrosse Player
  • John Muir Volunteer
  • CPR and First Aid Certified! 
What she feels makes a great leader: Bold, selfless, organized, and determined.  


Something that YVHS does really well: I love that we host SAT testing and how we have a college fair at the school.  

Something YV could do even better: More clubs and more parent involvement

Inspirational Figure: "My mom, because she is strong, kind, intelligent, and skillful. I hope to be like her in many ways." 

One Staff Member she will never forget: Mrs. Huie- she is so kind, encouraging, and goes beyond for her students. 


Quote of the Moment: "You're always one decision away from a totally different life."  

No comments:

Post a Comment