Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Golden Warrior Nominee - Erica Stevenson

Erica Stevenson




Matriculated from: Pleasant Hill Middle

Future Path Plans: Go to DVC, take classes to prepare me for a major in vocal music and theatre. 


Favorite Subject: Music is my favorite subject because I have always felt a hug connection to anything and everything music related. I hope to pursue music professionally in the future. 



Something she has always wanted: to be a professional singer, dancer and actress, and keep doing those three things until the end of time. 

What she likes most about being a Warrior: "The feeling of family on campus. I love coming to school and knowing that I have friends and teachers who will support me through any challenges and triumphs I face"

Favorite Weekend Activity: listening and singing along to my favorite music

In five years she hopes to: be a professional performer. I would love to be on stage and in movies, and I plan to sing for the rest of my life. 


One thing she wants to improve for herself: I want to improve my stubbornness. Sometimes I can be really flexible and easy going, and other times I am very stubborn, so I really want to fix that.

One skill she could teach anyone: to navigate Disneyland without a map. It's my favorite place. 

Favorite place to eat: The Olde Spaghetti Factory

If she could do high school all over again, the one thing she would change would be... If I am being completely honest, I wouldn't change anything about my high school experience. Each triumph, challenge, friendship, and opportunity I have had in high school has shaped the person I am today, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Best tip for success to Underclassmen: Join a group on campus that makes you happy, and broaden your high school experience to more than just academics. Whether it is a club, sport, or performing art, you will make friends and have memories to take with you for the rest of your life. 

Her Top Contributions to the School and Community: 
  • Dance 3 for 4 years
  • Madrigals for 4 years
  • ASB leadership for 3 years
  • Vocalist of the year 2017
  • Spring Musicals
  • Link Crew Leader
What she feels makes a great leader: Confidence, enthusiasm, initiative, experience, and encouragment.    

Someone who embodies these qualities: My best friend, Cambra.


Something that YVHS does really well: Putting on fun events, and encouraging students to do their best in everything they do  

Something YV could do even better: To make our school community better, we could improve school spirit and encourage everyone to join something fun on campus.

Inspirational Figure: My favorite music group, Pentatonix. They inspire me because they remind me a lot of myself. They were just kids in choir and musicals in high school (3 of them have been friends since then!) and now they are widely recognized as an a capella group! I hope to be in a similar place sometime in the near future. 

One Staff Member she will never forget: Ms. Cooper- she is an amazing person, with an awesome personality. She inspires me every day to do what I do because ever since my first day on this campus she has believed in me and given me incredible opportunities that I would never have experienced without her. 


Quote of the Moment: "Here's some advice. Stay alive." ~Haymitch Abernathy, The Hunger Games

No comments:

Post a Comment