Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Golden Warrior Nominee- Adonis Thomas

Adonis Thomas




Matriculated from: Montera Middle School

Favorite Subject: History- because I enjoy learning about the past and the events that have led to the present. 

Most Challenging Class this Year: IB Math has been my most difficult because I haven't been very organized. 

Future Path Plans: To swim at the collegiate level and further my education

Favorite place to vacation: Arizona in February, because the weather and the colors the sky makes at night is beautiful

What he likes most about being a Warrior: I love the feeling of family and the welcoming spirit. When I transferred my sophomore year, I was welcomed in with open arms. I also love the sense of pride in being a Warrior and the pride in representing our school on and off campus. 

In five years he hopes to: Graduated from a 4 year university or going to graduate school. 



Favorite Weekend Activity: Hanging out with friends and going thrift store shopping


Favorite place to eat: In N Out



Inspirational Figure: Kobe Bryant because he always wanted to be the best and did everything he could to become the best. He sacrificed a lot to be where he is now. 

Best tip for success to Underclassmen: Sacrifice now and enjoy the fruits of your labor later. High school is a small part of your life but it is also very important. Keep your head down and grind. 




His Top Contributions to the School and Community: 

  • Volunteer for food shelters
  • Swim instructor to countless youth!
  • Coached young kids and hopefully instilled a great work ethic
  • Sports Medicine Intern
  • Varsity Swim captain 

One Staff Member he will never forget: Ms Lamb has helped me a lot academically and emotionally. She has helped me grow as a person and a student and I will always be grateful for the help. 

What he feels makes a great leader: Some qualities of a great leader is leading by example and consistency. If a leader doesn't do what they preach, they have no credibility. A leader can never be inconsistent, that is a very important thing. 

Someone who embodies these qualities: Kalina Campos


Something that YVHS does really well: The student body always supports each other and makes the best out of a bad situation. 



One thing he wants to improve for himself: I want to become more organized with my life in general and be more disciplined as a student and an athlete. 

Something he has always wanted: Economic, social and political equality


One skill he could teach anyone: How to swim



If he could do high school all over again, the one thing he would change would be... I would dedicate more time to doing homework and less time to my phone. 



Quote of the Moment: "Do what is right, not what is easy or popular." 

No comments:

Post a Comment