Saturday, March 10, 2018

Golden Warrior Nominee- Danielle Benoit

Danielle Benoit









Matriculated from: Oak Grove Middle School


Future Path Plans: Go to a four year university

Favorite Subject: Engineering, because it challenges me to open up my mind to new solutions, and solve bigger problems. 



Something she has always wanted: To be successful

What she likes most about being a Warrior: "The amount of school spirit I get to have, and being in such a diverse community with great people."

Favorite Weekend Activity: Drawing

In five years she hopes to: Studying environmental science/Engineering

One thing she wants to improve for herself: Time management

One skill she could teach anyone: Writing

Favorite place to eat: Ike's Sandwiches

If she could do high school all over again, the one thing she would change would be... Focus more in my trigonometry class

Best tip for success to Underclassmen: Keep your grades up. Hanging out with friends shouldn't always be your priority. Grades can go from an A to an F within a couple of days if you don't do your work. 


Her Top Contributions to the School and Community: 
  • Education Academy Leader
  • Captain of YV's First Competitive Robotics team
  • Performed and represented the school at Hamilton
  • Played multiple sports over the years
  • Organized our engineering and robotics club
What she feels makes a great leader: Understanding that not everyone is the same, or perfect, as well as being able to communicate clearly and confidently to others. Being a leader is not something people are born with, but have gained through experience.   

Someone who embodies these qualities: My sister


Something that YVHS does really well: Reaching out to the community and getting involved, and understanding what others are going through  

Something YV could do even better: Bringing the community in through learning strategies, and trying to get all students involved in community service

Inspirational Figure: My brother and sister because they have both taught me to be strong and pursue whatever I want.

One Staff Member she will never forget: Mr. Alvarico because I have known him since I went to Oak Grove and he has mentored me and helped me grow over the years, as well as being there as support whenever I needed. 


Quote of the Moment: "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow know what you truly want to become." ~Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment