Monday, April 30, 2018

Golden Warrior Nominee- Pedro Garcia

Pedro Garcia




Matriculated from: Oak Grove Middle School


Favorite Subject: Math- it challenges me to continue to work hard

Most Challenging Class this Year: IB Math Studies

Future Path Plans: Go to a 4 year college and study criminal justice or political science

Favorite place to vacation: I like going to LA because I spend time with family members I don't always see

What he likes most about being a Warrior: I like how everyone treats each other like family and everyone helps out one another

In five years he hopes to: I hope to be going to law school and being an immigration lawyer so I can help others out

Favorite Weekend Activity: I enjoy playing soccer and spending time with my family


Favorite place to eat: La Costa in Oakley

Inspirational Figure: Ms. Hopper and Ms. Cooper are both inspirational figures because both are there for their students whenever they need them and they care about everyone. 

Best tip for success to Underclassmen: Never give up in what you put your mind to. Challenge yourself by taking advanced classes and never tell yourself that you can't. Don't be scared to try something new and don't have regrets later on. 


His Top Contributions to the School and Community: 

  • Interact
  • Volunteer at church for food distribution to the needs
  • First NCS soccer championship in school history
  • Varsity soccer since 9th grade
  • AVID 

One Staff Member he will never forget: Ms Hopper is someone I will never forget because she has always been there for me. I have known her since my freshman year and she's one of the most caring teachers I have ever had. She has helped me so much all four years. 

What he feels makes a great leader: Great leaders try to bring out the best in others. They don't strive to gain followers, they strive to create new leaders. 

Someone who embodies these qualities: Ms. Cooper embodies these qualities

Something that YVHS does really well: Making everyone feel safe and creating an environment where everyone cares about each other

Something YV could do even better: We could host more events like a movie night or a new type of dance

One thing he wants to improve for himself: My work ethic so that I procrastinate less and get my work done earlier. 

Something he has always wanted: A full ride scholarship to play soccer at a good college



One skill he could teach anyone: How to be there for the people you care about. I try my best to be there for everyone

If he could do high school all over again, the one thing he would change would be... I would try to get more involved in clubs and activities from my freshman year




Quote of the Moment: "Even if nobody believes in me, I'll keep going."  

No comments:

Post a Comment