Monday, May 7, 2018

Golden Warrior Nominee- Cyril Sapitula

Cyril Sapitula




Matriculated from: Oak Grove Middle School

Future Path Plans: I want to go to a four year school and study Biology or Environmental Engineering. While studying, I want to support myself and help out my family as much as I can. 

Favorite Subject: English and Art. English lets me apply my expertise verbally, allowing me to escape my comfort zone and achieve confidence as an individual. As an artist, I am able to adapt to new environments while using the resources around me. 



Most Challenging Subject: ROP Biotech

Something she has always wanted: I want to become a doctor and help out as many people as I can. I want to bring hope and put smiles on people's faces while saving lives. 

What she likes most about being a Warrior: "I like how welcoming it is here. At first, it was daunting since everybody had a clique. But as I got comfortable and grew in the school's environment, the more I realized that everyone is actually accepting."

Favorite Weekend Activity: Hiking. I love the feeling of excitement and rush of adrenaline I get if I slip off a steep cliff.

In five years she hopes to: Study biology or environmental engineering. 

One thing she wants to improve for herself: to control my emotions further, especially in the heat of the moment. 

One skill she could teach anyone: How to juggle

Favorite place to eat: In the Philippines, there is a restaurant called Jollibee. They prepare sweet spaghetti and fried chicken. Their mascot is also a red and yellow bee that's really cute. He is my best friend.

If she could do high school all over again, the one thing she would change would be... I'd take the initiative more. I would take more risks and make use of the opportunities given to me. I would challenge myself and force myself to get out of my comfort zone. 

Best tip for success to Underclassmen: Don't be afraid to be different. Be weird and be unique. The most beautiful thing you can show off is the bright and creative voice inside your head. 


Her Top Contributions to the School and Community: 
  • Designed a shirt design for HOSA freshman year and thousands of students wore the design all over California
  • Supervised the creation of the yearbook in my first year of class 
  • Top 10% of class
  • Volleyball captain 2 years
What she feels makes a great leader: A leader doesn't have to be the smartest, strongest, or most attractive. A leader just has to be open minded, take initiative, and compassionate. Someone that is selfless, can lead without dictating and someone that isn't afraid to be different.   

Someone who embodies these qualities: Mr. Alvarico, since he is the one that taught me how to be a leader myself.


Something that YVHS does really well: It is very welcoming. Since YV is composed of different students with different races and cultures, everyone has a chance to show themselves off without feeling like there's a major population dominating the school. There are different clubs, classes, and volunteering jobs that every student can get into. The school makes it easy to join those activities as well without any intimidation.  

Something YV could do even better: There should be more academies. There are other subjects out of the STEM system and there are also a lot of students that are into Performing and Visual Arts. 
Also, there should be more use of technologies. The chromebooks are extremely useful if they were used in more classrooms. It would be more efficient and every student would get the chance to learn how to use a computer. 

One Staff Member she will never forget: Mr. Alvarico has always been the closest teacher to me. I have known him since 7th grade and he's helped me through tough times and has always given me good advice. He treats everyone as a special person and encourages everyone to be the best they can be. He also goes out of his way to help out students as much as he possibly can. 


Quote of the Moment: "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying." ~Tony Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment